Agency for Earth Seminar
Our Biggest Environmental Problem is Disconnection from our Inner Nature
If you want to know how we humans care for ourselves, just look at how we treat the environment. We show a staggering disregard for biological systems and our own intrinsic nature. In the words of neuroscientist and author Dr. Bruce Perry* our society is “biologically disrespectful.”
The parallel between how we treat ourselves and the environment means the cure needs to be a deeply personal journey. Learning to be respectful of our own biology, emotions, and spirit will help us heal our environment in ways we cannot now conceive. This science-based journey to help you access your deep inner nature will be led by Jeffrey Schmidt, Cofounder of Agency for Earth.
What you will come away with
- The five ways we cope with being raised in a culture of biological disrespect and how you can rise above these mechanisms
- An explanation of the psychological basis of (climate) denial and the best strategies for addressing this blockage
- A special section on how to create impactful communications and behavior change for your sustainable programs
- A powerful neuroscience-based technique to help you stay centered in the midst of a crucial decision or hot debate
- A foundation of thought and practices that will help you trust your gut instincts for the cause of sustainability and personal wellbeing
- How to bring the power of mind/body integration into your life so you can feel the jump-for-joy feeling of being more alive
Who should come
Environmentalists, Environmental Program Managers, Sustainability Coordinators, Executive Directors and Outreach Coordinators for NGOs and nonprofits, Mayors, City Managers, County Supervisors
Not using the latest neuroscience to build sustainability
is like using a hand saw to construct your house.
More Powerful Tools Are Available!
Saturday, April 16, 2016
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Agency For Earth
1003 Gravenstein Hwy North
Sebastopol CA 95472
Before 4/1/16: $129
After 4/1/16: $159
Scrumptious organic snacks served!
* Senior Fellow of the ChildTrauma Academy in Houston, Texas and an Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. A clinician and researcher in children’s mental health and the neurosciences.
Address this one core issue to help every aspect of our society become sustainable
Power tools for environmentalists